Saturday, February 11, 2006

I aint sayin he a narcissist...

Cocky rap star KANYE WEST is calling for a revised edition of THE BIBLE, because he thinks he should be a character in it.

The JESUS WALKS hitmaker, who picked up three Grammy Awards last night (08FEB06), feels sure he'd be "a griot" (West African storyteller) in a modern Bible.
He says, "I bring up historical subjects in a way that makes kids want to learn about them. I'm an inspirational speaker.

"I changed the sound of music more than one time... For all those reasons, I'd be a part of the Bible. I'm definitely in the history books already."

“I aint sayin he a narcissist…” Look, I post this with hesitation because this guy is obviously looking to draw attention to himself by being controversial. I just wanted to point out that he has ONE hit song, and that one is about a woman who chases men because they have money. Of course, it’s riddled with foul language and racial slurs, but that’s the underlying message (if rap can even have an underlying message). I’m not sure, but I highly doubt that would be considered worthy of the Bible. If Mr West REALLY wants to be controversial and inspirational, he could learn something from Bill Cosby…start criticizing your own people for their trends of self-destruction. At least you’ll be delivering an important message.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Absolutely right, John.

Personally, I detest rap anyway. I don't find anything "musical" or entertaining about it, but that's just me.

As for West thinking he deserves to be in a modern Bible - I think not! Jesus preached humility. This guy doesn't sound humble to me. :)