Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A soldier's perspective

I found this on Fox News. This is a recent entry in a daily diary from US Army Captain Dan Sukman, currently deployed in Iraq. This link will take you to the full entry, but I will include a portion of it below. Capt Sukman offers his own unique perspective on the group of retired Generals who are now speaking out against the Pentagon and Rumsfeld, and the way the war has been fought.

Reading and listening to the news and discussing it, the criticism that seems to be continually brought up is: Why are they speaking up now? The answer is, because now they are no longer in the military. I know, it’s not a deep analysis, but I don’t think there is anything more to it.

He goes on to discuss the "how" and "why", but concludes with this:

I don't know the exact number, but if I were a betting man, I would wager all my money that there are some recently retired general officers who disagree with the ones speaking out now. It would be interesting to see if anyone ever attempts to interview them or get their opinion.

I couldn’t agree more, Capt Sukman. Stay safe over there and God bless you, Sir.

No comments: