Thursday, April 06, 2006

Moussouai...death penalty or life without parole?

According to the latest reports, today at the Moussouai trial the jury watched video of the 9/11 attacks. They saw pictures of jets crashing into buildings, explosions, screams...people jumping out of windows to their deaths. The whole time Moussouai was "nodding and smiling". He was proud.

It would seem to be a sure bet that Moussouai would be sentenced to death. After all, it's hard for even the most extreme of bleeding-hearts to argue that this man can be rehabilitated in prison. So will Moussouai get the death penalty?

In my opinion, it's a toss-up. Obviously, it wouldn't surprise me if he were executed...after all, he deserves it. But it also wouldn't be a shocker to me if he got life without parole. Why would someone NOT vote to execute this animal? I don't think the insanity plea will stick. I don't think the jury will be lenient on him in any way. I think the biggest argument against the death penalty in this case will be: "We don't want to make him a martyr."

It may be a long shot, but for some reason I don't see the jury doing the obvious thing and they will have a legitimate reason for it. In fact, we could debate this for a while. Do we put him away forever or do we kill him and instantly make him a hero in the world of Islamo-fascism?

If you ask me, call him a murderer, call him a hero of Islam, call him a radical nut, call him a martyr....I don't care, as long as you call him dead. Execute the S.O.B., the world will be a better place once he's gone.

1 comment:

TexasFred said...

I really undecided John, can we hang him up by his balls for a couple of weeks while we discuss it??