Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cut it out...you bunch of spazzes

Although I’m not a big fan of Tiger Woods, I have to say this goes beyond ridiculous. For those who haven’t read the article, people are offended by Tiger’s use of the word "spaz" to describe his golf game. That’s right. Apparently "spaz" is now one of the many non-PC terms that are forbidden in common everyday discussion. It’s just too offensive to people who suffer from spastic disorders…not that the ones criticizing Woods are all sufferers of these conditions, and not that Woods actually had these people in mind specifically when he used the term, that’s not the point. The point is: Tiger used a non-mainstream term to describe his golf game in a way that "some people" may consider a little brash. So it’s simply not acceptable.

So at the request of an LA Times reporter, Tiger agreed to replace "spaz" with "wreck", as in "I played like a wreck". But wait a minute, doesn’t he run the risk of offending people who have been involved in horrible traffic accidents? Doesn’t this belittle their suffering?

OK, well how about "I played like a nightmare."
No, too many people suffer from night terrors.

OK, "My game was a disaster"
Nope, too many Katrina victims to offend.

OK, "I looked like a geek."
One word, Columbine.

"I played like crap."
What about people who don’t have full control of their bowels?

"I looked like a moron."
Too many Howard Dean fans would get upset.

"It was tough out there"
What about all those wimps who suffer from hypo-toughness?

"My swing was ugly."
Do you think Chelsea Clinton would appreciate that?

"It was murder on the greens."
Two words, O…J…

"My game was just plain bad."
Maybe, but then again, as someone who really is bad at golf…that offends me.

So the point is: the PC crowd has migrated beyond the outer levels of normalcy and is lingering somewhere between insanity and fantasy. Someone once called this the twilight zone. Perhaps we should rename it the PC Zone. After all, the term ‘light’ may offend blind people.

(By the way, this is satire, so please don’t attack me for saying something jokingly. And if you’re OK with satire and think it’s actually funny, well, congratulations, you’re human)

4 comments:

TexasFred said...

PCness has run totally amok...

On the bright side, I was watching Tiger as the wheels fell off and he couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle...

Let's see:
1. Wheel makers
2. Beef ranchers
3. Bass fiddle players...

Just counting to see how many I could offend...

Baconeater said...

Now people have to pay if they want to hear the word "spazz" coming from Howard Stern.
I wonder who caused that to happen.

Bushwack said...

Funny, I couldn't believe he said that but then again, He is African/Asian/American the ACLU can't touch that combo.YM

Anonymous said...

You know I played golf for the first time this year last weekend and I beleive I offended every type of person out there by the 7th hole... and you know I just don't don't give a sh!t. If people like Tiger would just tell people to shut the hell up when they pull this PC Bullshit then it would go away. However, the people that pull the PC card know that usually the offending person will correct their ways if at least for the time being.

You know what I say to that? Fuck those PC Retarded Spazzoid Ignorant Fat Short Small Dick Goofy Looking High Water Pant Wearing Hippy Loving Anti War Marching Illegal Boarder Jumping Californian Living Hollywood Loving Plastic Surgery Having Fake Breast Sporting Cunts!

Sorry if I offended anyone.