Thursday, May 04, 2006

The new Civil Rights movement?

I find this story fascinating on many levels. First, I understand that Dr. King stood for the rights of all people. But for the ILLEGAL immigrants to compare themselves to the Civil Rights movement is ridiculous. The difficulties they’ve encountered aren’t even in the same ballpark as what the black race has endured. When we start traveling into Mexico and enslaving those people to work against their will, make them drink from separate water fountains, make them sit in pre-designated areas of restaurants and busses, and turn fire hoses on them, then they can compare themselves to the plight of the black race in America. Until then, any comparisons are just plain insulting…and I’m not even black.

Which brings me to the second fascination. I am interested to see how the liberal black leaders, AKA Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, respond to this. They are truly caught in the middle of a potentially dangerous political situation. In fact, this is a tough one for ALL libs. On one side, their precious illegal immigrants who deserve SO much from us, and on the other their precious voting base of African-Americans who aren’t happy with this. Hmmm, what will the Dems do if the illegal aliens continue calling this an extension of the Civil Rights movement? I don’t know, but it sure will be fun watching them squirm.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Well, John, I certainly hope they have a tough row to hoe on this issue! It would make me a happy camper indeed. :)