Friday, May 05, 2006

Iraq divided

I am by no means a democrat supporter, but I will give credit where credit is due and I think Senator Biden is on to something here.

I first heard this idea from Michael Savage, and I liked it from the beginning. History has taught us that this sort of thing works. It worked with Germany, and it worked with Bosnia. There's no reason to think it wouldn't work with Iraq. Divide the country among the three major ethnic groups and everyone leaves happy. Of course, there are naysayers. But there's no such thing as a good idea without doubters.

I would set a deadline. Give them so much time to finalize their government and if they fail, the country gets divided. That way we put it in their hands.

I've always said that Iraq is crucial, and I truly believe democracy will take hold there as long as we're willing to stay the course. But if we give up, Iraq is doomed and so are our chances at achieving a 'domino effect' on the Middle East regimes. Victory in Iraq has always been crucial, and now with Iran becoming bolder by the day that victory is even more crucial. The plan Mr Biden refers to just may be the way.

2 comments:

TexasFred said...

At least he HAS an idea...

Troy Garamond said...

I'm with you John. Split it up and get the hell out.