Monday, July 17, 2006

I spoke too soon

Leftists march in Tel Aviv in protest of war

Looks like I spoke too soon in praise of the Israeli people. I guess the "service before self" mentality will die with world war two generation.

I believe it was Lenin who referred to the American left as ‘useful idiots’, knowing that the actions of the Left were extremely beneficial to his own cause. The ‘idiot’ part was in reference to the Left’s lack of insight into the harm that their actions cause their own country. Lenin knew what he was talking about.

Indeed, the Muslim extremists have no ally as precious as the international Leftists, whether in France, Spain, England, the US or Israel. Without the Left, their cause would be doomed. Just look at what these people are saying…

"Peretz, don't worry, we'll be seeing you at The Hague."

"Stop the war monstrosity."

"The Israeli aggression leads to an overall war no one wants. I think that Israel should negotiate with Hizbullah and Hamas and release Palestinian prisoners in exchange for the hostages. This way this story will come to an end."

"What Israel is doing now resulted in the death of civilians, innocent children, and it serves no purpose except for the government's vindictiveness."

They make a better case for Nasrallah and Hezbollah than Nasrallah himself. If these extremists were wise, they’d start putting some of these Lefties on the payroll as spokespeople.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. IF this world becomes dominated by Islamic extremists, it will be the direct result of the actions of the Left. THEY are the only ones enabling these lunatics, and I’m not sure what it will take to convince them of their error.

3 comments:

Dan Trabue said...

Just to be clear, you're okay with those of us (here or there) who might disagree with a particular policy protesting it, you just seriously disagree with the protester's position? Or are you opposed to even protesting?

I support your right to disagree with the protesters. I'd disagree with you if you'd like to shut them/us down.

John Washburn said...

Dan, I'm opposed to siding with your enemy when the enemy is killing your troops...that bothers me.

Doesn't it bother you that your position is shared by people who cut other people's heads off for their god? I'm not saying that you believe the same thing, but your position against America's actions IS shared by them. THEY are happy that you and others like you take to the streets and call America and Israel evil. They are happy because they agree and your actions are inherently helping their cause.

Doesn't that bother you?

Dan Trabue said...

I'm not sure that I have any position that is shared by them. What do I believe about "America's actions" that is shared by them?

That we shouldn't be in Iraq? I think they're glad for us to be in Iraq. Bush's invasion gave them a credibility and recruitability that they would not have otherwise.

Or, flipping it, does it concern you that they share the same belief that you do - that violence is an acceptable way to solve problems?

And for the record, I haven't called America or Israel "evil." I've condemned terrorist attacks and kidnappings - no matter who is doing the terrorism or kidnapping. I have condemned some policies of the US (I haven't really taken a position on Israel, as it is not my nation and because I'm probably not well-informed enough to have a sound opinion), but that is not the same as calling the US evil.

For the record, I don't think Iraq OR the US OR Israel is "evil." Talk to me about policies and I'll talk to you about evil.

So, as I said, I'm fine that you're bothered, but what I wonder is if you advocate taking away their/our freedom to voice an opinion against a particular policy?