Saturday, January 28, 2006

20 years ago

I was sitting in Ms Duke's 5th grade math class in Richardson, Texas trying, no doubt, to figure out long division when the principle came over the intercom. His announcement was pretty scary for a 5th grader...'the space shuttle has exploded'. This moment was one that my generation would remember forever. We would always know exactly where we were and what we were doing when the news broke. In recent history, only 3 three events have affected Americans in such a way, where our memory of that day is forever preserved...Kennedy's assassination, the Challenger, and 9/11.

I pray for the families of the fallen brave. May God bring you peace and comfort. For what it's worth, thank you for the sacrifices from you and your family. A nation remembers, and is grateful. God bless

Share your memory of that day with this blog site as America remembers its fallen heroes

1 comment:

TexasFred said...

I think everyone can remember where they were that day... I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot, and MLK too...

But I am obviously a lot older than you...